Wednesday, May 1, 2013

while we wait








Baking.
Soccering.
Iced coffeeing.
Doctor Whoing.
Bluthing.
Dandelioning.
Sparkley shoeing.
Playgrounding.
(These are all real words, trust me, I looked them up.)

Seems busy hands, and busy bodies, help best to pass the time while we wait.  Wait, day after day after day, for word.  Word about the house we will be living in come summertime.  And likely for decades to come.

This is not your run-of-the-mill waiting.  Not quite like the anticipation of a birth when you have a pretty good idea of the outcome.  A baby, by a no later than date.

Nope, buying a house is a different kind of waiting.  Less predictable, less pleasurable, more wrenching.  I am sorry, dear reader, for the ad nasueum.

Nausea indeed I say.

So we are keeping busy hands and busy bodies to counter the anticipation (and frankly mama-grumpiness) of waiting for that good-news phone call from the realtor.

6 comments:

  1. Claudine - I've been thinking about you guys, sending lots of prayers your way...wanting to ask how it's going, but not wanting to bug you!
    It is so hard to wait! Sounds like some good ways to distract yourself in the meantime, though... especially the baking and Bluthing... And hurray for this beautiful weather to be able to get outside! Hang in there (hugs) ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sparkly shoes :)

    Cousin Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! We went through a very difficult and long wait for a house. Very trying, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://jungfamily.over-blog.comMay 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM

    I cross my fingers for you there ! What a good slide for your little one, so happy !
    Amandine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting...ugh. This is one of those stressful waits. Chocolate and wine are my recommendations. Sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. any word, my dear?
    moving/buying/selling is SOOOO stressful. You will get there! And then you have to unpack. ; (

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!