Friday, June 21, 2013

by the numbers


16,000+: pounds of belongings

2: storage pods (actually called Pack Rat.  I've been calling it Rat Pack, and thinking of Frank Sinatra.)

8 ft. by 8 ft. by 16 ft.: size of each pod

20: hours that our 7th spent at our house moving furniture and boxes

9: number of boxes and Rubbermaid bins my Honey and I have of childhood treasures

17: number of times I promised our 7th that I can purge those boxes down to one for me and one for Honey

42: Rubbermaid bins I own, full of items I own

1: meal delivered by a good friend

12: midnight, the earliest I got to bed

4: o'clock in the morning, the latest I got to bed

1 & 1/2 multiplied by 3: hours times people it took to clear out our attic (in a thunderstorm no less!)

Gazillion: kindnesses given by my parents and the aunties and uncles and cousins in taking care of the kids and family as we make this move

15: number of nights in between the old and the new houses

15: number of nights we are being welcomed by family and friends into their homes

Countless:  gratitudes felt day after day after day

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! Sending energy and good thoughts of you through this process! ~ paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you are settling in and loving your new place!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!