Thursday, May 12, 2011

finding beauty


If you've been a regular reader of this ol' blog of mine you know that I try very intentionally to find beauty in my everyday.

I always want to find beauty.  Some days, though, I need to find beauty.

One such day happened earlier this week.  I had let myself become overwhelmed and caught up in minutiae that, in the big scheme of life, is just that, minutiae.  I was cranky.  Not pleasant.

So, I took a deep breath.  And looked for beauty.

I happened to be in my car, windows rolled down, camera in my lap.


Perfect for fresh air and for finding that necessary beauty.  By the time I arrived at the location I was headed, I felt different.  Having found beauty, I somehow felt beautiful inside.  So wonderful how that works, now isn't it?




Where do you find beauty?

3 comments:

  1. This is so so true isn't it? And I love the beauty you found, especially the dandelions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve this post, Claudine. I will try the same exercise the next time I'm cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, meditation is the place I go when I'm where you were - cranky! It has also helped me see the world through a new set of lenses. Lenses that see beauty where I've never thought to look. Amazing! Thanks for being an example for me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!