Monday, May 9, 2011

some days

This is me.

Last week.

In my kitchen.

At 4:00 in the afternoon.

I know that doesn't sound unusual.  Not for a Mama who gets to spend most days at home.

However, look closely.

Look at that crazy hair of mine.

Just before taking this self-portrait I had realized that I had not even touched my hair that day.

Not a hand.  Not a brush.  Nothin.

So this is me in my braids-from-the day-before-having-slept-on-them-all-night glory.

And I realized it.  At 4:00 o'clock.  PM.

Well then.

Though I am pretty sure I brushed my teeth that day.

Aren't some days simply like that?

4 comments:

  1. OH! What a wonderful self portrait! I feel like this so often! Thank you for being so honest! You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great braids and your playful smirk is radiant! a

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! some days are JUST like that! Saturday i got up, went to yoga...uhm wearing the yoga pants and tank that i had slept in the night before, and then proceeded to wear this outfit straight through to my shower before bed. at one point mid-afternoon jon said "you put your jammies back on, are you feeling sick?" to which i simply replied: "nope...i never changed out of them this morning." jon: "didn't you go to yoga and the store?" me: "yes." and i left it at that. yep, some days are JUST like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the honesty.
    Refreshing and beautiful.
    Every afternoon I have to really think back to see if I've brushed my teeth that morning. Brushing hair? Oh please, days go by.
    C

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!