I'm back. Thankfully.
Later this week I might share how I've been spending my month. But for now, I'm just happy to be back with you all my dear readers!
And friends, it is getting closer.
My birthday.
My fortieth birthday.
In anticipation of this day, my husband has created "Forty to 40" and gifting me a small present, surprise, coupon or treat each of the forty days leading up to my birthday.
My husband's a rock star!
This morning it was a pan of fresh-baked brownies.
Another day I had breakfast in bed.
I've gotten kid-created artwork.
Flowers from the garden.
Ice cream in the freezer.
Lucky Charms. (The cereal. I know, so bad for you, but such a good treat!)
Chocolate.
Songs on iTunes.
Bubble bath.
Massage.
Uninterrupted blogging time. Really.
My son asked if we could do that for his birthday next year. Oh, maybe.
Then he wondered if it will be "Eighty to 80" when I turn 80 years old. Eighty, sheesh.
I sure hope so!
Forty is all good and what a great hubby for the build up to it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet idea! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic and sweet bday gift. All the more reason to grow older- more days of pampering! I'll have to show this post to MY husband, wink, wink.
ReplyDeleteyour hubs is soo sweet!
ReplyDeletei love lucky charms too.. and captain crunch or mixing the two together.
Your husband is amazing; so fitting that he is yours! Glad you're back, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteWowie Zowie! What a husband you've got!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to welcome you to the club ;)