Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ever growing

As the Mama of three littles I am aware that they are growing.  Always. 

Sometimes when they wake up from nap, they look older to me.  Sometimes I catch them doing something that they couldn't do before.  Sometimes I realize they no longer do things that they did just a few days or weeks before.

Those are the everyday, almost imperceptible, times they grow.  More a noticing, a realization of time passing.

Then there are the times that a particular rite of passage, a grand beginning, a certain celebration more dramatically reminds me of their growing.

Like a first day in a new pre-school.



And that grand beginning deserves to start out with a Mommy-Munchkin date.



A chocolate milk and iced mocha at Starbucks.  With a bagel and cream cheese.  And watching the world outside the large picture window. 


Marveling at the growing.

5 comments:

  1. I had a little one start Kindergarten today! So bittersweet.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these thoughts. It's so true. Just one look or moment and I can see how much they have changed. I hope your little one loves his preschool and that these lovely moments last for you as long as they can:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, can I relate. We had three new beginnings here - pre-school, first grade and high school. These are the days when I wish life would freeze in place, but I know that's not the nature of things...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been hit hard by this realization lately too. so much growing and changing around here. i am no longer in little kid mode - they are all 5 and older. it is not much easier than when they were 4, 2, and new. just different. i am so glad that i have kept a journal for much of this journey - and need to stay committed to it (part of the desire to blog too, i suppose). the journal has been a great thing to read as i navigate this new territory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My three-year-old started preschool on Tuesday. My how they grow! Thank you for this sweet post.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!