Tuesday, February 28, 2012

right now, I'm






:: Celebrating every item as it gets crossed off of the list.  And feeling good that I've let go of some of the tasks. 

:: Scheming some more creative, and achievable, tasks to add to the list too!

:: Taking time to let go of all of the tasks so that we can instead tackle a much more important puzzle together!

:: Remembering what it feels like to have a belly so big that it rests on my lap.  (And this time around breasts resting on top of that belly, ahem.)

:: Loving the blue skies that have come around this week.

:: Thinking that I am in Downton Abbey withdrawal since I dreamt about it.  Never mind that I was kissing Lord Grantham in the dream.

:: Loving my new Dansko shoes.  Finally something I can wear all day without my back hurting from this big ol' belly of mine.

:: Feeling immense relief and enjoying a bit of quiet, as our sweet old dog (who likes to bark at me for attention) takes a little vacation with my parents.  I believe she has gotten more attention there in four days than she has gotten here in the years since kids have joined the family.

:: Excited that I've finally framed Amanda's "First Day" imprint.  And looking forward with renewed excitement to our first day this coming spring.

:: Glad that I learned to cut mat and frame pictures one summer at a framing shop.  A great skill for a perfectionist like me.  That perfectionism mostly being a blessing, sometimes being a curse.

:: Relaxing to Belleruth Naparstek and her amazing meditations for pregnancy and childbirth.

:: Loving that we've entered a whole new stage of childhood when the rules of Monopoly are understood!  What fun to discover this game again.

:: Admitting that just maybe I have too much drive-thru iced tea when Lovey can recite my order verbatim.  "Large unsweetened iced tea, with two sugar packets, and an extra cup of ice please."  Yes, verbatim.

:: Exceedingly grateful for the support and helping hands that have been gracing our days as we near the birth of our baby.  It is so good to have such loving people in my life.

:: Thankful for the reminder that all of this mess is part of the growing of our family.  I adore this meditation book for mothers.

5 comments:

  1. Love your new shoes and that rainbow sock made me smile, also been meaning to say how cheerful your new headers have been and what lovely photos you have of the family in those pretty scarves. Hope you little bit of time to put your feet up before the baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oop supposed to say " get a little bit of time"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the Downton Abbey theme my new ringtone, so I'm right there with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply inspirational, you are...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are almost ready! That list is mammoth! Good for you for taking some time to do puzzles and frame pics...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!