There are moments in this busy family of six when I have the realization that a certain quiet is taking place. Not the kind of quiet that comes with sleeping babes and dark wee hours of the night. But a quiet that comes with contentment.
Lovely may be lining up her dollies, carefully covering them with baby blankets and softly singing to them.
Munchkin generally is concentrating on building. Sometimes with blocks, sometimes with Legos, sometimes even Lincoln Logs.
Buddy is creating. Without question he is creating.
And though it should never come as a surprise to me finding him immersed in his creative world, it sometimes does.
I might be headed down the steps from getting Pal to nap and I happen upon Buddy with project supplies strewn about the dining room table. His mind and his hands quietly working.
Projects sometimes come from his imaginings, and sometimes from browsing through books. He often will take an art or crafting book from our stash and flip through it, marking pages of ideas that interest him.
Sometimes the idea is so irresistible that supplies come out immediately and he delves into creating.
And then comes that certain quiet. A lovely sound around here.
We are living a quiet day here too. Too rainy to hang clothes, the other chores done, I am relishing the simple play coming from the porch this morning. Enjoy it!
ReplyDelete