Monday, September 10, 2012

weekending







The windows were open, the breeze cool.  A very welcome reprieve from the noisy air conditioner and window fans.

Sniffles and coughs making their way through our family, though mild enough they aren't stopping full-on play.

A bit of time at a coffeeshop with Honey.  I drank Chai.  We played Cribbage.  We used to play voraciously before kids.  It's been so long we had to look up the rules on our phones.  Amazing, last time we played, we didn't even own a cell phone.  But once started it felt like the days we were dating and then newlyweds.  (All except for juggling a baby while holding cards.)

Grape picking at a lovely local farm. 

Grape jelly canning. 

Grape jelly eating on homemade bread.  Summer daydream, check.

Some birthday celebrating, in quiet family ways. 

Quite looking forward to ordering my new camera bag/purse for which I've been saving.  My dear family took my hint that any present in the form of money would be just fine by me.  I think it will be this one, but there are so many cool bags by a number of different companies.

Planning my next project.  The change of seasons brings inspiration for sewing, don't you think?


Linking with Amanda for weekending.

10 comments:

  1. i love the quiet sort of celebrations the best :)

    your weekend sounds fantastic, especially that you were able to throw the windows open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Sorry they have the sniffles! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never played cribbage, I'll have to look it up. We have wonderful weather right now and I wish I could just stop time and keep it as is. I hope the colds just stay annoying and do not progress to anything worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable orchard picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely, Happy Birthday!
    I love Handmade Beginnings, don't you just want to make every single thing in that book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds lovely, Happy Birthday!
    I love Handmade Beginnings, don't you just want to make every single thing in that book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! Happy Birthday!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! Cribbage is fun. We are teaching our 9yo daugther how to play so next time she sees her granddad, she will hopefully give him a run for his money! Enjoy the book. I have a copy too. So many lovely projects. I've been wanting to make the gorgeous dress in it, but all my friends seem to be having boys. The quick change pants are on my list of things to make though. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Pal is so adorable! A very, very belated congratulations on his arrival. It looks like you have gotten back in the swing of things and what fun your family is having together; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me cry Claudine. This is life -- what it's all about - isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!