Monday, August 26, 2013

more weekending

When I posted Sunday morning the several ways we were considering spending our day, how could I  have known that our indecision on what to do would allow us to spend our time in even better ways?

:: building a fort on the play set, constructing a working pulley system and blanket walls

:: a walk in our woods becoming an impromptu project of neatening up the trail

:: piling together on the couch for a bit of classic Mr. Bean, Rowan Atkinson is in a belly laugh class all his own

:: laying on a blanket under the truly majestic oak tree in our front yard

:: another impromptu project of pulling out some pachysandra, and moving in some stepping stones to create space to reach a large sit-able rock under that tree

:: kids in the sprinkler in play clothes

:: a burger picnic out on that blanket in soaking wet play clothes

At one point when the family - all six of us - were exploring in the woods Honey and I yet again (for the hundredth time!) looked at each other and verbalized how our move here is transformative for our children.  For us.

As the day unfolded I recognized what it meant for us to be here, home.  We weren't going, or doing, or being.  We just were.


4 comments:

  1. Wow - looks and sounds like lovely fun!

    Wishing you a wonderful day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best weekends are the ones that just "happen". Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is perfect. what a beautiful post.
    have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like the best kind of way to spend a sunday. and mr. bean, a classic, much loved round here.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!