Sunday, February 23, 2014

weekending


Not busy, not unbusy.  Good in productive ways.  Good in relaxing ways.

I abandoned my phone for most of Saturday and really felt the weekend in ways I haven't in a long, long while.  I've been reading Hands Free Mama, and I know that it will change me, is changing me.  Slowly and well.  Returned to my phone just in time to get an invite from a close friend to go to the theatre with her.  Nothing like a lively musical to fully feel the day.

Pictures, that had long been propped and piled up, were finally hung in the sun-room/sewing room/play room/art space/hideaway - easily my favorite space in the house.  Luckily we can use the room year-round, though it does trend toward chilly these short days of winter.  The hooks and frames are hung so I can easily move and change photos, add art, hang creations, highlight a sewing project.  I might just fall in love with how this space will reflect creating of all kinds.

I said hello to my sewing machine that has not been touched since before Christmas (!) and to the overflowing basket of things to be sewn.  I still didn't touch it, but did say "hello."

There has been Legos and drawing and boys adventuring in the woods.

Later today is a long-awaited phone call for some gladsome brainstorming.  Soon there will be details for 2014, soon I promise!

Tonight, we'll drag the TV upstairs one last time and watch the closing ceremonies for the Olympics.  There has been some serious cuddling, and falling asleep, in front of the TV for kiddos these past couple weeks.  A definite treat for us all.  The Downton Abbey finale will have to wait for tomorrow.

Weekending yes, busy, unbusy, productive, relaxing.  Certainly all good, very very good.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely weekend! I have been hearing so much about Hands Free Mama - I have to add that book to my must-read list!

    Oh the Olympics... it's been lovely to watch!

    Wishing you a wonderful week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't know how you found me, but I'm glad you did! Read a few of your posts (we have a lot in common!) and have added you to the rotation. And hi to Robert :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!