Tuesday, May 13, 2014

weekending {or falling in love}

Mary Poppins is in my head because I keep thinking practically perfect in every way.  I can't get it out of my head, sort of like when you are falling in love and can't stop thinking about the person.  Well that was a recent weekend of mine, practically perfect.  And if you follow me on Twitter (@bcomingclaudine) you likely realize that I have fallen in love with The Flea.

I spent the Saturday of that practically perfect weekend with one of my dearest friends wandering that cool, urban market.  The sun was shining, live music wafted on the warm breeze, at every turn there was something interesting, or cool, or quirky, or simply lovely to discover.


We browsed vintage clothing, handmade jewelry, delightful decor, interesting books.

The food stations and trucks were offering local, homemade, fresh.  How can you decide between mini fresh-made donuts and creamery ice cream?  Hint: you can't, you try both.







That delightful blue typewriter had a SOLD tag early in the day.  Had some lucky buyer not been there first, it would have come home with  me for a mere $45.


I did find a couple treasures.  This delightful re-purposed spoon that has been stamped.  I love how it reminds me to "bloom where you are planted."  And the vintage sorting toy.  The wood pieces are long gone, but I loved the sweet cards on the side.  I may use it for art supplies, but for now, it is part of my spring display that includes a print from the lovely Phoebe Wahl.


Perhaps the best treasure was carving a day out for myself, with a "Wonder" woman (did you notice her jacket) who knows me, affirms me, and makes stories and laughter come so easily.  Made sweeter by The Flea.

Falling in love, indeed. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this flea market looks fabulous! I'm in Cincinnati...too bad I'm not a little closer to be able to pop in on a Saturday!

    I just wanted to say thank you for your comments on my blog post...back in April! I haven't been very active in blogging recently and I just read them! I couldn't agree more about contentment and you said it perfectly (now you'll probably have to go back and read them again since it's been so long!) :) Just wanted to say a personal thank you. Have a great day Claudine!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. time spent with a dear friend is soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Claudine! It was a perfect day, I'm smiling just thinking of it! Let's do it again sooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Claudine! It was a perfect day, I'm smiling just thinking of it. Let's do it again soooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those books! They call to me... deeply! Yes... a day that was "practically perfect in every way!" Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, I truly love thrifting, though I just don't have the time or extra money to do it much lately. probably not the space either, so it's a blessing in disguise. ; )
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore all of these market pictures! I would totally buy that sled... so awesome.

    Wishing you a lovely week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!