Monday, November 22, 2010

in my fridge

Look at this gallon of water.


You would not believe how much my Munchkin looooves to get his own water.

And water for Big Brother.

And Baby Sister.

And Mom and Dad, and just about anyone in the house wanting water.

This could be the single smartest thing I have done this month -- putting the water in the fridge within reach of the little kid who wants to try anything that makes him feel like a bigger kid.

And he is getting to be a bigger kid.  Which he reminds me of often and which makes me so proud.

This simple water jug has become a daily reminder to me to not be afraid to let my kids learn and do for themselves.  I find that as a mother who wants to always do what is best for them, that I sometimes miss the point that letting them do is best.

What had been keeping me from having any kind of spout in the fridge was the worry that it would be more of a water toy than anything and there would be constant clean up from little hands turning it into a fountain.

But not so, only a few unintended drops so far.

I am grateful for the inspiration from Meg of Sew Liberated to set that worry aside.

And I love how my son is learning.

Apparently I am too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!