Sunday, November 21, 2010

my word


Near the beginning of the year a post by Lisa Leonard challenged readers to think of their "word of the year." (The necklace I am wearing in the photo happens to be a Lisa Leonard design -- so cute!)

It didn't take me long for me to decide upon my word.

create

and it's been hanging around with me now.

I've been reflecting what that word means to me.

create

create what?

create why?

and maybe the most imperative (and practical) question, create when?

I've found myself longing to create.  Create in so many forms.  But at a loss for when to do so.

I spend many days at home day dreaming of my creations, anticipating working on them once the kids are asleep.

But alas, as the kids are going to sleep, sleepiness gets the better of me as well.

So.  What.  To.  Do.

I am squeezing the creating in the best that I can.

And I had the chance earlier this week to create a shirt featuring my word.

create

I love it.  So simple to make with some letter stickers and fabric paint.


Now of course having done one shirt, I've thought of about 37 variations I could do with different paints, adding borders, different type letters, using computer graphics and label paper, going beyond t-shirts...

Oh please someone stop me now!

But I do like the shirt, and am anxious to see how I can change this project up with the kids.

And it also is a near reminder of my creating commitment.  Not quite my heart on my sleeve...but close enough.

What word would you choose?

1 comment:

  1. and so...three months in, how is the creating going? my word is "less." there have been ups and downs, and my direction has changed more then once. but no matter which way i turn i am {in some way} striving for "less."

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!