For the past three weeks I've been working outside of the home for many, many hours. (You wouldn't believe me it I told you how many hours, so I won't.) August is the one month of the year that it happens this way, every other month I simply work part time. A pretty good gig of both staying at home most days and working in a profession that I really love a couple days.
But August, August is really, really hard.
So I am happy to have finally slowed this week.
Slowed enough to appreciate the new rythym of a new season.
Slowed enough to begin planning a little gathering for my 40th birthday.
Slowed enough to simply play.
And play we have.
Legos.
Wooden whistles.
Hero masks.
Tutus.
House, bikes, sandbox, books, coloring, dancing, costumes (always lots of costumes), dolls...
Each and every moment practically perfect.
Exactly how I would happily spend many, many hours any month of the year.
i am glad you are getting a break. so there really was not an "august break" for you!
ReplyDeletei love when the days have no more commitment than to follow your heart and to play.
Play is good...very good...hoping things slow down for you soon...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you took time to just be. Sounds like you are having fun!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images and a lovely post. It is wonderful to be 'in the moment' like this with children.
ReplyDeleteI am with you in this! August is a bitter sweet time of year, a time I've come to enjoy less and less. Though that very fact breaks my heart. Thinking of you as me and my family recapture our sense of self in this slowing of September.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that life will be slowing down a bit for you now. Sounds pretty crazy! Enjoy playing with the kiddos!
ReplyDelete