Wednesday, November 23, 2011

playground at dusk






"Kids, get in the car, now."  I say at 5:00 pm, knowing the daylight is already fading, but afraid if we stay inside one minute longer that my patience will fade faster.

So with just a few moments of dusk left to call ours, we headed to the playground. 

They ran.

They climbed.

They were loud and boisterous and expended that pent-up energy.

We all breathed the cool, very cool, air.  The new winter hats and gloves keeping them quite warm.

And I realized that just being outside, racing the sun though we were, was the best twenty minutes of my day.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I know those days! The little boys are racing around as I type, but it's already dark outside!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!