Thursday, November 3, 2011
letter to November
Dear November,
Welcome back to your place in the world. We are so happy you have arrived for your annual visit!
I must say we are still reeling from the visit of your younger brother, October. Usually a gentleman during his stay, this time he was a bit of a cad, bringing along his buddies rain and chill and gray. Who quite overstayed their welcome. And when he departed he took all of the color with him, diminished in its brilliance, worn out from his antics.
So November, I am hoping that you brought along with you the fall that is supposed to be. Warm sunshine with long shadows. Breezes enough for scarfs, but not quite coats. Blue sky, darkening by dinner, urging us all the more outside for bikes and balls. Air, fresh in its crispness and earthy in its own mysterious preparation for your elder December.
Welcome November. Unpack. Please, make yourself comfortable.
Fondly,
Claudine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice! Glad you are able to get outside a bit more before the slow flies.
ReplyDeleteAn absolutely beautiful tribute to a beautiful season/month. I hope November heeds your call!
ReplyDelete