Tuesday, January 24, 2012
the list
Um, anyone there?
So sorry, it's been awhile. So long actually that my dear friend confessed to me that she worries a bit when I haven't posted for awhile. She's pretty intuitive that friend.
Not much to worry about really. Except the crazy anxiety that sets in as you get into single-digit weeks left of a pregnancy. Well the crazy anxiety that sets in for this Mama anyway. For this Mama, that means nesting like no other. And I am a champion nester. My lists are legendary. The help I recruit is top notch (and much appreciated!) The drive to prepare our house for a new family member is unmatched. Every floor, wall and ceiling is clean. The attic and basement, and everything in between, is organized.
You would think that I keep having kids just to get home projects done and the house deep-cleaned.
I'm not.
Not really.
So, we've begun. And I say we because Honey has a very big part of getting the work done. I stopped counting at 63 for the number of items on The List. I didn't want to feel more overwhelmed than I already am.
Adding a wee bit to the overwhelm has been our asking ourselves the question "should we consider moving right now?"
(Go ahead, gasp. I'll wait. I'll wait for all of those thoughts that come to your mind: Are they crazy? Too much stress with a newborn! Now? Single-digit weeks!)
We need a bigger house.
Really we do. Four kids. Oh my. (As I type this, one child is on my lap trying to type along, and two others are doing their very convincing banshee routine just feet away. Within earshot is Daddy putting the finishing touches on dinner.)
We haven't answered the question yet. But are close, and are leaning towards staying cozily put for a bit longer. We are in single-digit weeks after all.
So, meanwhile, we are living by The List as best we can. Luckily one of the biggies was accomplished last weekend. A much-needed freshening up of the bathroom, painting, replacing baseboards, some caulking, and, and, and...
So glad Honey is handy.
So glad to be having another baby, our house needs a good cleaning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Single digits! Wow. So glad I got to see you all this past weekend. We sure do have a cool family :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Cousin A
Ha - you should see the Monthly planner on my fridge - mini lists all over it! I got big time into nesting in late pregnancy too, now just any event - like Xmas or a birthday becomes a deadline to cross things off the list. I also decided our home was too small then I went looking at some homes/apartments here http://www.ikeafamilylive.com/en/ that were really small and families made them work so I decided we could make do for the meantime too. Happy nesting!
ReplyDeleteI know that feeling! When we were preparing for Charlotte's birth, we were also prepping to move about 1000 miles. Stress!!! But it all fell into place...eventually. Sounds like you are well on your way!
ReplyDeleteso exciting! the baby and all the work that gets done in the preparation. i am for the smaller house. i live in a huge old house and while i love it - it is so much to clean and maintain. we lived in another house for a year (last year) that was over 1/2 the size and i loved it. we were forced to keep our clutter down and it took no time to clean. rooms did double duty and kids shared space. we are trying to get back there soon! good luck with your birth!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that list and remember it well. Thinking of you and wishing you peace and calm as you move through these last weeks.
ReplyDeleteyou are in FULL ON nesting mode! I'm glad your honey is so understanding! I love the new faucets! Nice choice!
ReplyDeleteXOXOXO
Wonderful post! I can't wait to meet your little one... have fun "sprucing!"
ReplyDelete