I was ecstatic to hear the predictions from the meteorologists to expect blizzard-like conditions. I kept waiting anxiously, watching for snowflakes, hoping to feel a bit of the chill.
This all may sound crazy, I know. But, truth be told, we've had a bit of a cranky start to 2012. Oh nothing serious, but I think a full-blown case of "we've-had-such-fun-and-too-many-treats-and-not-enough-sleep-itis" has caught hold of our little family. Grown-ups and kids alike.
Our holidays have been fabulous, for the first time staying close to home. We've had some extra day trips and treats, which have been much fun. But this tired Mama is definitely in need of some down time and fresh air.
And this blizzard is just the cure.
Fresh air, albeit a bit chilly, but fresh no less.
And the cold bringing a whole new realm of fun for the kids. Anything to freeze over that swamp that has been created in our backyard from record rains, that continued into the holidays. Humbug. (But I won't mention the rain. I've promised my husband. That prince who has listened to me, the eternal glass is half-full gal, complain about the rain for weeks now.)
So blizzard, welcome! Bring your snowflakes big and fluffy. Bring your fresh air that seems to dance its own dance as we breathe. Bring your piles of snow-drenched hats and gloves and boots. I'll figure out a system of keeping up with the piles soon enough. Bring your warm drinks and your post-play snuggles to get warm. Welcome! Give us forts to build, sidewalks to shovel, slick spots on which to sled. Bring us the just-right antidote for the New Year crankies, for all of us.
I LOVE this! A year ago we were lamenting the seemingly endless snowstorms and piles and piles of snow followed by a wet spring, humid summer, and fall with no ideas of letting go of the rain. So, unlike most years, I, too, have welcomed this snow with open arms. I just hope we remember our positive attitudes in about 6 weeks!
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely words, Claudine. I wish you could send some of the white stuff this way! We've had such snowy winters the past couple of years. There are so many more fun things to do in the snow, than in the dry cold.
ReplyDeleteYay!! I am jumping up and down (virtually) for you and wish we were there to play in the snow with you all!! Love those happy blizzard photos and am wishing you lots of hot cocoa and marshmellows!
ReplyDeletexo
Wanna know a great remedy for the crankies? Autoharp sing along. When should I come over? ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous! I want some big snow, too. Enjoy!
ReplyDelete