Wednesday, June 6, 2012

quite like summer













It is looking quite like summer here.

:: homemade teacher gifts

:: bare feet almost all of the time

:: bubbles

:: ice cream to celebrate the last day of school

:: buying supplies for canning, after all strawberries are early this year 

:: flowers blooming

:: loving Hand in Hand and the inspiration it will provide this summer, a gift from a dear friend

:: planning for swim lessons and digging out goggles and sunscreen

:: delving into multiple projects at once, with oh so many I want to do it is hard to concentrate on just one

:: discovering a great kid movie that makes us delight that our summer is here

I adore the very beginning of summer, as it stretches out wide and warm with promise of adventure.  This will be my first summer home full time.  I am a bit nervous, to be honest, having never done it quite this way before, and with four.  But my nervousness is waning as the excitement builds for the fun we will be sure to find. 

5 comments:

  1. Ahh ha...I recognize that sewing book ~ just picked up my copy this week from the library! Stalling a bit at the pattern tracing, though. And lovely, lovely idea for the teachers gifts ~ are those little cakes, muffins??
    wonderful share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos Claudine....
    glad your Summer is off to a good start!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful signs of summer! I, too, am nervous about this summer. We're off to a slow start finding sitters that can allow us the time and arrangements we hope for each summer. I'm hopeful that we'll work it out and the kids will have the lazy, at-home summer I crave for them with added time at home for me. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as if you're off to a great start! My kids are in school for another week. I hear you about projects...I have about 12 writing projects going at one time. I keep thinking I need to focus on one enough to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments....the little cakes are banana bread baked in little bundt pans. We needed more than the two loafs the recipe usually yields, so I baked smaller loaves and they turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!