Wednesday, June 13, 2012
summer adventures
I am planning summer daydreams for myself again this year, and am putting the final touches on that list of wishes, hopes and fun things to pursue this summer. Knowing the power of putting these daydreams into writing, my struggle is to keep the list from getting too long!
But I believe I am not the only one deserving of summer fun, so last week the kids and I created our collective wish list of summer adventures. Ideas came from great books (Hand in Hand and The Dangerous Book for Boys) and in brainstorming together. We put words and pictures onto cards which we will use as inspiration and reminders of what fun can be had during these long days of summer. I imagine the cards, and the ideas they contain, will be a welcome (and necessary) jolt on a day when we need some adventure.
As I look through the cards, I delight in knowing the fun that lies ahead. S'mores, skipping stones, creating tissue paper lanterns, looking for cloud shapes, swimming lessons, catching fireflies, building forts, creating fairy houses, are just a few. We will keep adding cards as ideas come to us, and I imagine we may repeat our favorites.
Like my favorite of reading outside on blankets. Please, let's repeat that often, my adventuring children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE you list and how you've engaged your children in creating it. Can't wait to read all about your adventures. Wishing you happiness on your summer journey.
ReplyDeleteWhat awesome memories you are creating, Claudine! I love the photo of the new babe!
ReplyDeleteOh, you just made my day ~ look at that beautiful little baby so peaceful and at rest ~ and so thoroughly enjoying the process! (do they instinctively know to put their hands behind their heads?!?) LOVE. Wonderful idea for the summer fun visuals! Will borrow this :)
ReplyDelete