vintage fabric
Who wouldn't pack up the kids and drive a half an hour away, in the pouring rain, just to see what vintage fabric might be mine.
There were boxes and boxes and boxes of fabric pieces from as early as the sixties. Unbelievable, really. They were selling it for 25 cents a yard. 25 cents. I could have bought ten times what I did, but was stopped by the unfortunate fact that the fabric has been stored for years in a moldy basement. Drat. So I quickly picked a few that I really liked in the hopes that I can get it all clean.
And having to only pick a few this time (because you know there will be more times) isn't all bad. You see over the past several weeks I have
Time. Always well-spent when at the sewing machine.
What a fun find! Too bad about the moldy basement. Hmph! I can't wait to see in this space what you decide to do with this fun find!
ReplyDeleteWow what a stash, looks like you got a good haul.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great haul! I love the little read dress... I assume that will be for Lovey??
ReplyDelete