As we stand in this uncomfortable space between winter and spring it is clear that indoor play is the play du jour.
I hate to admit that outside is otherwise too cold with not enough snow, or two muddy because what little snow there has been has melted. So inside we are.
Luckily the kids haven't noticed my distemper and have simply played on...
:: Dinosaur Bingo
:: humans vs. zombies, which basically involves much running around, arms outstretched and moaning
:: Monopoly
:: paper crafting of all kinds, a delightful find at a used book shop, Tic Tac Paw anyone?
:: Don't Break the Ice
:: projects with cardboard and tin foil
:: building fast moving space ships with pillows, blankets and chairs
:: a homemade paper version of Plants vs. Zombies
:: and the always popular pull-everything-out-of-the-kitchen-cupboard-because-I-can-game
I've found that their ability to keep playing, no matter what, has brought out some rarely played games, has sparked creativity, and has even drawn me off of the current homekeeping treadmill into enjoying a moment or two of play myself.
Making this space, and the waiting, just a bit more comfortable...
All good fun!
ReplyDelete~Have a lovely day!
I didn't know they still made Don't Break the Ice. Great space ship! It must be a speed demon. Hope you're able to get outside soon...nothing worse than a mama with cabin fever :)
ReplyDeleteOh, this weather is not helping! I love how your children have always been sooo good at imaginative play, bringing fun and energy and love and warmth and space to any season.
ReplyDelete