Sunday, March 3, 2013

weekending







Ours is a full three-day weekend.

:: watching Pal take his first steps.  First Steps!

:: enjoying the gorgeous Lady Cordelia original that Cory sent last week.  I keep spotting the baby quilt in different spots of the house and it looks amazing everywhere -- the sofa, piled high with dollies, wrapped around a kid's shoulders as a superhero cape. You must check out her lovely shop!  Right now.  Go ahead, I'll wait.

:: finally determining my word of the year - grace.  I feel there is much to be learned from this word.

:: thankful for the many women who have shown kindness to me this week. 

:: helping with research on Thomas L. Jennings for an upcoming school project.

:: a hug for the letter carrier.  Sound funny?  She is simply so friendly, and her bad knees have kept her from our route for awhile.  She was a bit of sunshine in our overcast days.

:: a few moments of Doctor Who with Honey.  Who knew I could be swayed to enjoy a bit of sci-fi.

:: spreading the word about this Mama Scout Family Lab.  She is offering it for free.  Amy, the Scout Leader is amazing, the lab is amazing!

:: a bit of screens for the kids.  A bit of fresh air for me.

:: breakfast for dinner.  Nothing quite like pancakes with maple syrup at night.

:: anticipating a slice of quiet when I can settle down and soak in the pages of the latest Taproot.  The cover art is breathtakingly beautiful, I can't wait to see what is inside.

:: Legos.  Legos.  Legos.  Always.

:: a young boy who finished the Harry Potter series.  He is proud of himself.   So are we.

:: Getting ever closer to an announcement for gladsome 2013.  It is so hard for me to be patient.

Wishing you and yours a lovely weekend!

9 comments:

  1. oh. I love you for this. thank you! truly that was one of the firsts...I do hope it tumbles fine in the dryer.
    much love sweet friend! I have yet to share all the fantastic books you got me on my blog...I will one day soon.
    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob is reading your post sitting at my side and recognized the Harry Potter book before I read it. I'd so love to get these growing, reading, creating boys together sometime soon. Miss you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought maybe the tree allergies might be starting, I forget too, but mine is the sinusy kind. My son loved legos-miss the creations now that he is away at school. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead (with the stroller in hand).

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. i hope to finish the harry potter series one day myself. congrats on the first steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. first steps!!! amazing! and the new issue of taproot looks lovely. what a nice weekend you all had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great post!! love all your links Claudine and your photos!! Pal is walking, whoa!!! I couldn't hug my letter carrier, that's pretty cool that you can!!
    gladsome 2013 already!! wow how time flies, looking forward to reading more!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled upon your lovely blog here! My word of the year is "Grace" too, and it is life-changing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!