A trip to a farm over the weekend was just the right balance of roasted corn and ice cream, pumpkin picking and corn mazing. So we are nearing a sufficient number of pumpkins on the front walk, and the countdown until they become jack 'o lanterns is underway. But for now these pumpkins are gathered together with the mums and corn stalks.
The fall is bringing gathering of all sorts. The leaves finally gathering on the ground. According to our neighbors, our trees tend to be the last to drop leaves. But it is beginning and it feels and smells and sounds like fall.
I've gathered some art supplies into a basket. I've been finding them spread throughout the kitchen. Seems they need to be there. So I've gathered them into a spot they can stay, at least for now.
Every time we empty a jar of homemade grape jelly another is usually immediately opened. A current favorite is a dollop of the jelly goodness onto plain Greek yogurt. This year I canned more than double what I did last year. I'm already scheming to double it again next year.
That yellow ball. That yellow ball. That yellow ball. Munchkin has had it in near constant motion this week. A one-man soccer game in the front foyer that lasts hours. If I am understanding his running commentary, he plays for a powerhouse team called "The Dingos." Seems they can easily score 1,000 points.
Of course planning for gladsome is well underway. Now that will be quite a gathering.
In the meantime, Honey and I are planning another special gathering. This one at our home, to plant our Peace Pole. Yes, Honey is the king of cool birthday presents. The King.
There's been some tie dye. A much needed late-night-Mama-date with a dear friend. And night after night of Netflixing all five seasons of Parks and Recreation. All. Five. Seasons. Oh, hello life, nice to have you back again.
And hello to you all. Hope you are gathering goodness of your own.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!