Thursday, October 10, 2013

in my kitchen







:: Double batch of double chocolate chip cookies.  Packaged up for my sweet, talented niece who came to visit while on fall break from college.  (Yes, she is studying art.  And women's and gender studies.  She's cool like that.  Watch her in action here, amazing.)

:: A fresh stock of flour in the cupboard.  Eleven 5 pound bags in all.  I've settled into a pretty steady rhythm of baking bread once a week.  Eight loaves usually gets us through the week, with a couple to send out into the world with good wishes.

:: Art supplies have migrated from other spots in the house to the kitchen.  They've been here for days and seem to be multiplying.  Funny that our daily living in this space has determined where things belong, even more than were I unpacked and placed items.  Seems art supplies go in the kitchen.  So I'm thinking about ways to at least corral them a bit.

:: Enough chill is in the air that our chili season has begun.  After the long summer of not even thinking of the savory dish, it is when we cook our first batch of chili in the fall that I realize I've missed it so.

:: Some entrepreneurial spirit coming to life around the large kitchen table.  This craze has taken hold of the kiddos.  Creating is creating I say!

:: Some creating of my own.  My gladsome file is growing, and details are coming along so well.  The weekend is going to be simply amazing!  If you live in or near the Great Lakes Region you should be considering this gathering with other cool women.  Create a little, reflect a little, and connect a lot.

:: Been looking out the kitchen window trying to pick the perfect spot for my new Peace Pole.  Soon, it will be installed and we are holding a special gathering and ceremony.  Details soon on how you too can be involved!

:: Dancing.  There is always room for some music and dancing in our kitchen.

What about you?  I hope that you are having some warm, yummy, fragrant life in your kitchen too.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't those little rubber bands CUTE!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8? EIGHT? whew mama.. i am impressed. I have never heard of that type of flour though! do you like it? is it a nice price?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes entrepreneurialship, wonderful, but Oh lordy I am so over the rainbow loom!!!!! mini bands all over the house!!!! your neice, whoa, uber talent there!!! and hooray for baking (girl you have got it going) and dancing!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!