Like any real postcard that is sent by snail mail while on a trip, these postcards are coming many days later, once the trip is quite over. I meant it that way.
Well, that is at least the story I am sticking with.
The real, behind-the-scenes-why-I-haven't-blogged, reason is that I have fallen asleep with the kids around 9:00 pm the past two nights. My husband claims that I was un-wake-able both evenings. I think I'm finally caught up on sleep. For now anyway.
So, it's time to grab a coffee (or an iced tea, it is getting warmer after all) and check your mailbox. I've sent you some postcards from our weekend.
Dear Friend,
We've had a great weekend here!
We got to enjoy a hometown holiday parade. From the anticipation, to the fire trucks, to the attractions. And coming home with a sack full of candy was the bonus!
Bubbles. Lots and lots of bubbles with cousins.
Flying the new kite with kid power on the wind-less day. And Baby Sister simply had to join in the run!
We ate Chocolate Dutch Babies. With homemade butter. Is that considered breakfast or dessert, do you think?
Fashion was provided by my sister's cowboy boots. Love 'em.
And we spent time working more on a special garden project. (More on that later this week.)
The weather is beautiful. Wish you were here.
Miss you,
Claudine
What would your postcard from the weekend read?
A few days late makes it all the more special. Looks like a weekend I would hope for - filled with family and fun!
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of the kids running down the street and the parade - a snapshot of Americana - I love this time of year!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you've caught up on your sleep!
Love the postcard idea. Looks like your parade was just perfect for an early summer holiday afternoon. The bubble picture is spectacular. My postcard would really ask why it seems I have less time these days even though the days are getting longer. It must be all the time in the garden. But, it'll be so great to reap the garden benefits.
ReplyDelete