Wednesday, May 23, 2012

larger than life

On Mother's Day we got to spend some time with family at my sister's house.  When I walked into her kitchen I noticed this hanging on the wall.


Recognize it?

It is a picture of one of many quiet moments that Pal and I shared after he was born.

Then I noticed this massive canvas next to the picture.

My niece painted this for a final art project at school, for which she was assigned a large-scale portrait.  She had to finalize her subject about the time Pal was born, and she chose us.  For many weeks she wouldn't tell her family who she was painting, and she kept it secret from me until I saw it completed last weekend.

The Monday following Mother's Day, she transported the painting back to school to be graded.  But once done, she is giving the portrait to us.

How lucky are we?

Sometimes someone gifts you with a present so beautiful and overwhelming you can't quite define the feeling or put accurately into words your gratitude and love.

Pretty amazing, this niece of mine.  Her generosity always larger than life. 

7 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow...i'm blown away. that's just the most beautiful gift of love. wow...i'm sort of speechless! that's just the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! that made me well up a bit. what a beautiful gift - in both the painting and the niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gesture! Lovely... truly, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful painting! And what a very special gift. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!