Thursday, November 15, 2012

gladsome was filled

How can words fully express the feelings that accompany a dream come true?  I am not sure they can.  But I will try to write them, and show a few pictures too.

For almost two years I'd been dreaming of planning a women's retreat.  It began with a sprinkling of ideas jotted in a notebook.  Then more ideas came at other times, other days.

A long while these remained a collection of unconnected ideas.  Thoughts for another time.  A maybe.  Until I gained the courage to say my dream aloud to a couple creative friends.  My saying it aloud garnered their enthusiasm.  Then their support and help.

Our friendship and their incredible insight fueled more serious planning.  Then ultimately I took a leap.  A huge leap.

And those jotted ideas became gladsome a retreat to nourish your creative spirit.

Eleven amazing women joined in this leap of mine.  In a way, we took this leap together, I simply brought along the necessary art supplies.  They, however, supplied the compassion and energy that made the nourishing possible.

And gladsome was filled with nourishment, in so many ways.





gladsome was filled with creating.  Women experiencing making in ways they may not have before.





gladsome was filled with reflection.  Journaling in handmade books with prompts to move into a space of deeper understanding of our creative self.


gladsome was filled with stretching oneself.  And relaxing oneself.



gladsome was filled with music and movement and laughter.  Oh the laughter.




gladsome was filled with beauty and heart and sharing and affirmation.  A coming together in the way that only women can.



gladsome was filled with nature's perfect timing of a sunset.


gladsome was filled with quiet and peace. Night and day.



And gladsome was filled, and filled me, with a pure contentment.  Contentment beyond words or pictures.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a magical time. SO happy for you!
    Peace,
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, it was such a great retreat. Really exceptional. I'm lonesome for it already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sissy. Your words and photos made me cry. I am both so proud and so happy for you. I have no doubt that every moment of this amazing retreat experience was filled with thought, intention, and creativity (as is everything you do!)

    Let me be the first on your list of retreatants for next year. Even if I am as crazy-busy as I have been this fall, I see now that it is when I am that busy that I MOST need this kind of time. I love you!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone looks so happy and content. So glad this went so well for you. Lots of lovely memories to treasure for you all I'm sure. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Claudine...what an amazing thing you've created. We don't have these moments enough. In the busy-ness of our lives to be able to commune with other women and just feel alive, creative, purposeful, and cared for...these are the things we are so hungry for. I am so happy for you, and for the women that were able to take part of gladsome. Congratulations and may it continue to grow in years to come, and selfishly may I be a part of it too :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! i am so happy that you listened to your voice and made this! and i hope i can attend sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!