:: noticing the heaps of art supplies in our
:: relishing the lingering feel-good warmth I have from gladsome, and cherishing the notes I've received from participants, their kind words and sentiments affirm the goodness of such an experience for women
:: smelling the lovely lavender sachet hand-made and sent to me by Annie
:: making lists of ideas for the holidays, hoping that planning for simplification will allow for real time to enjoy
:: ignoring the kitchen floor, well over-due for a scrubbing
:: ignoring the brown bananas on the counter, waiting patiently to be made into bread
:: ignoring (do you notice a theme here?) the literal mountain of laundry, in need of being washed
:: ignoring my to-do list, it seems to be growing each time I cross something else off, hrrpf!
:: sipping coffee, reheated for the umpteenth time, and still not quite hot enough
:: sleuthing a problem I've encountered with my now-staple bread recipe (let me know if you have any idea why it might be forming a darkish-grey layer on the dough when I refrigerate it)
:: listening to The Decemberists, and The Swell Season and Innocence Mission. If you don't know Innocence Mission, you must, must check them out. Now. If I had to choose one song to listen to for the rest of my life it would be their North American Field Song.
:: feeling thankful for the goodness blessing my life, even during these times I feel overwhelmed I recognize that my life is very very good indeed
But mostly, right now, I'm:
:: remembering the magic of two leisurely days spent at a local park building forts, digging in dirt, skipping stones, floating leaves, simply being
:: marveling at how
last Wednesday
last Friday
The short sleeves and sunshine on Wednesday turned into hats and coats and a brisk afternoon on Friday. By Saturday morning we had our first good snow. So I'm adding to my list the task of getting plenty of warm layers at the ready, because I know that the cold won't keep me in this year.
It's good to ignore some duties, I think. At least for a few hours or days.
ReplyDeleteLove that breastfeeding baby!
C
Oh, I LOVE The Decemberists! One of my favorite bands and I had the opportunity to see them in concert a year ago and it was incredible.
ReplyDelete