I don't want to seem obsessive about my purse. Maybe I am.
Somehow I feel compelled to keep talking about this. Much like I have the compulsion to talk to my husband about how much laundry I am never-endingly doing. Moving on...
Since the big dump last week, half of my purse contents remain in the grocery bag, the other half in a cloth tote bag. Neither very useful. I think the paper grocery bag has normalized because one of my kids asked if it was actually my purse. Really, they asked.
Buying a new purse is on my list. Just below scheduling dentist appointments and just above sending in spring soccer registration forms. (Did I just admit how pedestrian in a soccer-momish way my existence is?) Moving on...
This morning I had the thought to get an old purse from the attic for the interim. A wool plaid number that my Mom gave me before I had kids. Kicky and cute don't you think?
Then I realized it might not work, since this is what was in my old purse (minus the camera!)
Count with me....1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Yes, eight journals. Can I really have that many coherent, important thoughts in my head to need eight journals in my purse? Unlikely. Moving on...
So I resigned myself to using another pre-children purse that I knew would be big enough, but that I've been embarrassed to actually use for the past decade.
I bought in Vancouver at the Roots store. You know, the company that can outfit an Olympic team in style.
It is leather and sturdy and a kicky cute color. I bought it because I
had not seen a single other purse like it. Not. A. Single. One. It
just so happens I bought the original style of what became a grossly imitated fashion trend that rendered my, quite expensive (ahem) all-leather bag a veritable fashion leftover within months. I was not happy. Quite not happy. Moving on...
At least all of my soccer-momish purse items fit. Not perfectly, but good enough for the interim.
All I need to do now is figure out a way to carry it so no one can see my initial on the one side lest they presume I believe I am rocking that over-done purse fad of 2003.
You are ever so silly, my friend. I do hope you find the perfect match soon.
ReplyDeleteThis post made me smile. I am in a similar situation with no handbag at the moment (ordered a cute one from Etsy) and am making do with a wicker basket - it is spacious and works pretty well but am sure it gives me a certain look...
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful post and made me laugh ~ scared me a bit, as well. I can relate on way to many levels! Thanks for starting my day off with a kick!
ReplyDeletehilarious!
ReplyDeletei though i was bad with 3 journals!