Monday, February 4, 2013

goodness









Our easing has allowed me to see the goodness happening around us.  Such goodness.

:: some January thaw that allowed shorts, shorts!, to be worn for a day
:: making snowmen -- of the chalkboard variety -- as we await more snow
:: allowing the kids to run in the rain, splashing in puddles, and enjoying that January thaw (that is until this Mama discovered all the squeals of joy were from dumping cones-full of puddle water over their heads...oh my!  Then the parenting wheels came off.  Not a stellar mothering moment.)
:: being a winner over at Soulemama!
:: kitchen experiments.  Where water, flour, and dried out play-doh is all that is needed.
:: receiving a meaningful mama merit badge from Amy
:: handmade pine cone bird-feeders
:: an organized basement
:: uncovering, in that basement clean-out, a sweet little rocking chair that Lovey and I picked up at the thrift store for a couple dollars some time ago.  It simply needed a good wipe-down.
:: deciding to mix my own non-toxic laundry detergent, inspired by watching this movie
:: a family portrait by Lovey.  It was immediately put into a frame and placed in a prominent spot.
:: the first issue of Kindred, a beautiful literary magazine created by Amanda
:: a boy discovering the magic of headphones and an iPod
:: opening the very last jar of our homemade grape jelly goodness.  Oh, we must make much, much more next fall.

What goodness do you see these days?

4 comments:

  1. Oh definitely a lot of good things Claudine!! Congrats for Soulemama and your merit badge!! Homemade grape jelly? an organized basement? we have a girl here who practically lives in her headphones now, what did we create I wonder :)..
    Happy Monday my friend...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such goodness. We see goodness everywhere, even in the hard stuff. But mostly we see goodness in out quiet moments with one another.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your blog more and more, Claudine. I'm trying to make a kind of shift in my own blogging. I hope you'll stop by to see.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!