Tuesday, April 29, 2014
weekending
Busy. Hard. Good. Busy.
Did I say hard? And good?
This weekend reminded me so much of what the amazing Glennon describes as "brutiful." Brutal and beautiful. Those seemingly disparate qualities coming together to make complexity and nuance and texture of this one life.
I spent the weekend vacillating between these feelings of beautiful and brutal. Recognizing the very good taking place, like this, and the opening of registration for gladsome. But also feeling deeply the tough stuff going on. Some challenges coming up, some decisions to be made, much work to be done. And doing so amongst the pulls and pushes of parenting a lively tribe of kids.
Then I look closely at some of the pictures I took. The one above is part of a series of photos of these sweet siblings as they tried to swing and hold hands at the same time. Their laughter was loud and their attention focused as they reached out to one another. So often missing, but continuing to try, smiles splitting wide open even if just their fingertips touched.
And I want to be like them. Laughing. Reaching. Focused. Smiling.
~~ Joining Amanda in weekending. ~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love that photograph and the connection those two seem to share!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous picture! One that is surely frame worthy!
ReplyDelete