Wednesday, October 13, 2010

so I ended up here

Well hello there.

Nice to meet you.

First things first.  I'm Claudine.

And in the last 24 hours I've learned a bit about blogging.

Well more specifically, I've learned about NOT blogging.

See, in the last 24 hours I lost the blog that I've been keeping on iWeb (so sorry Apple) for the past 14 months.

So here I am.  On Blogger.

So, again, nice to meet you.

And as I hope to do in this space from time to time, I want to share some hard-earned wisdom.  So here are the things I've learned about blogging:

1.  Apple really does have great customer service.  (My switch to blogger is in no way a reflection on them.)
2. It's a good idea to back up your computer.  Even if you think you don't have the time.  Or the energy.  Or the wherewithal.  Yep, back-ups are good.
3.  It is nice to be married to someone who will stay up with you until 2:00 am desperately trying to recover a year's worth of your life of journaling.
4. Perspective is a valuable thing.  As in, you think it is a big deal to lose your blog, and you switch to the live feed of families being reunited with their Chilean coal miners after they have been underground for two months.  Yeah, losing a blog is crappy.  Getting perspective on that loss, is a good thing.
5.  I like writing.  

So to review:
  • Apple -- good
  • Back-ups --  good
  • Fabulous husband -- very good
  • Perspective -- good
  • Writing -- good beyond words

So I will continue.  

Right here.  

Please join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!