Tuesday, October 19, 2010

projects

There are about 15 projects in my to-do basket (and by basket I mean huge pile.)

Some of the sewing projects are must-dos like elastic to be stitched into school pants, mending coat lining and whipping up some gloves as winter approaches.  But the most important must-dos are a couple Halloween costumes.

Anyone seen an orange dinosaur costume around? Yes, it is a pretty specific request.  That is one I will need to make to order!

Truth be told I LOVE making Halloween costumes for my kids.  It gives them a chance to think creatively, and think BIG, and dream about exactly what and who they want to be -- even if just for a few hours.

And how great is it that I (and often Daddy) get to help make that dream come true.  So it is a very special mama-made (and Daddy-made) time around Halloween.

We've had some pretty unique costumes over the past several years.


Super-Why.  Before there was a Super-Why costume on the market.  Some magic with fleece and felt and some late-night hand stitching!


The solar system.  Yes, the entire solar system.  Paper-mache planets, painted and mod-podged and late-night hand stitched to navy blue long johns.


And last year, the Space Shuttle.  Atlantis to be specific.  Daddy did the majority of the crafting.  I took care of the late night stitching of flame pants. 

See the pattern here?  I expect some late nights during the next couple weeks. 

So anticipation is building.  Lots of discussion of details, lists and plans for a trip to the fabric store.  I'll keep you updated on how all of this dreaming and realization of dreams is coming!

Just bring along a cup of coffee for me, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!