Earlier this week I found myself, as I often do, anxious to whip up a quick project.
We were preparing to leave on a short road trip, one just long enough to warrant a few hours of packing (three kids!) and a few more hours in the car.
So I was itching to make a project that would be a nice surprise for two boys who now readily ask "are we there yet?" about 10 minutes into any car ride.
So...with laundry still waiting to be done, suitcases still empty, trip tasks undone, I focused on this instead:
Some cardboard, some wrapping paper, some clear contact paper.
Scrap paper held in place with clothespins and a freshly sharpened pencil tied on with a ribbon.
Felt pieces and ribbons and some zig zag stitching.
And voila! A homemade travel pocket filled with goodies -- a clipboard for writing and drawing and special books for reading.
They were a mama-made surprise for the boys right before getting on the road. I believe they liked them, because they ran to the car, and sat in their seats, exploring the pockets a full ten minutes before we even headed out.
We still got our fair share of "how much longer?"s but I am so happy that they were a bit more occupied during the anticipation!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!