Wednesday, October 27, 2010

in my kitchen

Okay, if you know me, I imagine you are already chuckling that I could even title a blog post "in my kitchen."

If you are just getting to know me, you should know that the title of this post should more accurately be "in my honey's kitchen."

I am so very lucky that my husband does all of the cooking around here.  And by all, I mean A-L-L of the cooking.

My idea of planning for dinner is calling my husband up and asking "what's for dinner?"

Okay, okay I don't want to sell myself quite so short.  I do prepare meals for the kids, and truth be told, I help best I can to get things started for dinner. 

I can boil a mean pot of water for spaghetti. 

But my husband is just so good at cooking.  No matter what meal I have made, he can zip into the kitchen and within minutes make it even better.

He has a gift.

And I am lucky recipient of that gift -- day after day!

But back to my post title...in my kitchen there is some baking.  Specifically cookie baking.


Ever since getting the Martha Stewart's COOKIES recipe book last fall, I have been in love with making cookies.  And every cookie we have tried from this book has been fabulous.  And by fabulous I mean "could eat the entire cooling rack of cookies" fabulous. 

Heaven help me if the recipe yields five dozen.











I think one reason I love making these cookies is that I can.

And I can with my kids.

Which makes the cookies oh so much more sweet.

1 comment:

  1. oh MY. i think i need that book. i SO WANT IT.

    and the cookies =)

    r

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!