Monday, April 2, 2012

dear baby



Dear Baby,
Hellooo  in there.  (little tap, tap on the belly) 

This is your Mother.  We're ready for you to come on out and play.  We can't wait to have you join our family, like in the out-of-the-womb-and-into-our-arms kind of way.  As a matter of fact, we've been ready for a couple of weeks now.  After an amazing display of organization, hard work, and lots of help the nesting list has been completed.



Every day we wake up wondering if today will be the day we can finally meet you face to face.  After all, it seems like we know you so well already...

You like to squirm and wiggle and move.  I have no doubt that you will be able to keep up with your big brothers and sister.  No doubt.
You have a great sense of humor.  Made evident by the couple hours of good labor that occurred then dissipated early on April Fool's Day.  The joke was not lost on us.
You sure like being cozy.  I know that must be one comfy uterus, but be assured we do lots and lots (and lots) of snuggling together at home too.
You know what you want and will come when you are ready.  Well yes, your Dad and I want you to have a mind of your own, certainly.  But I can only sweep the kitchen floor so many times in anticipation of you!
You are loved beyond belief!  I would hope all of the kisses and hugs and whispers (and prodding and pokes) from your brothers and sister make this clear.  But in case you need reminded, there is plenty of love awaiting you outside of my belly.

Lovey is ready to share the breastmilky.  Munchkin has offered to change diapers.  Buddy has determined he is in charge of strapping you in and out of the car seat.  Daddy and I simply want to gaze at your beautiful face and soak in the miracle that is you little one.  See, we got it covered.

So you can be born now.

I love you,
Mama

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful letter! I love your sense of humor.. and pray that you'll meet your little one IN PERSON soon! Love and light, erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Claudine! C'mon baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your post for this day ! I imagine all the eyes waiting for this little baby to come, what a wonderful welcome he/she will receive ! The wait is long during these days but in the same time quite special and a little out of the time with all your present family ! I hope the wait won't be too long from now !
    Amandine

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The waiting is the hardest part" to quote the famous poet, Tom Petty. Seriously, what a beautiful post, Claudine. I can tell you are so desperately trying to be patient! And how blessed this little guy/gal will be upon arrival :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful letter to your almost here baby. Very filled with love and family. Something to read again as the years pass.

    And I love the dark blue walls of your nursery. Ahhhh!

    Thank you for a peek at your life.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!