Saturday, March 31, 2012
gratitude indeed
I've mentioned before my continual gratitude for the countless ways that people in our lives have been generous with their time and help these last number of weeks and months.
I thought I had this gratitude thing down.
And then this week Christine, a friend from church, stopped by just so I could put my feet up for a bit.
To her, giving me a chance to "put my feet up" meant making me a cup of hot tea and then taking all three kids (ALL THREE!) out of the house and to the library for a bit, and then on errands to COSTCO. I rarely go solo with all three of my kids on errands, and I don't think ever to COSTCO! But I imagine three seemed quite doable to Christine, after all she is the mother of nine.
She had the kids out of the house a long, long time. Long enough for me to drink that hot tea, lay down and listen to my childbirth meditation, and fully and deeply rest on the bed. I don't remember feeling that restful in months. Every time I began to pull the warm covers back and get out of bed to begin lunch for their arrival back, the comfort and peace of resting overcame me and I covered back up and thought it could wait until their actual arrival back.
So glad I did. As it turned out, they had enough samples at COSTCO that lunch was a moot point. She is one savvy Mama.
The kids were excited to return with a box full of fresh produce for us and pink flowers for me and baby. Christine kept saying "this brings back memories, it is the time of your life."
And I believe her. Yes, I believe her.
Oh, and later when we drove the mini-van, we discovered she put gas in it too.
Gratitude indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh...what a lovely friend! such a beautiful and generous way to help out. {we're big fans of the costco sample lunch too.} :)
ReplyDeleteI love that woman (even though we've never met).
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome friend! How wonderful.
ReplyDeletePeaceful birth blessings to you. You must be almost there.
Take care. I can't wait to see baby.
Beautiful, isn't it? The gift of friendship. Right when we need it most! It has been a week to be grateful for me, too!
ReplyDeletePeace to you, my friend.
what a lovely, lovely gift. Amazing.
ReplyDelete