For quite some time I've wanted to bake my own bread. And not just any bread, but bread that could be baked often and eaten every day, with the hope that we would no longer need store-bought bread.
However, I never quite had the courage to try my hands at such a large-scale bread-baking enterprise.
That is until I had in those hands a no-knead recipe from a friend of mine, coupled with her encouragment and assurances that it was so very easy!
And wouldn't you know, I can bake my own bread. To eat. Everyday. Plus lots of bread to share with others.
My friend was right, oh so easy, and oh so delicious.
You mix a big batch of dough that is refrigerated and then bake as you need. I've now made the bread so many times I don't even need the written recipe, and I double the batch. I've even tweaked the amount of flour to include more whole wheat, and have made copies of the copy of the recipe to share with others. Any good baker would.
Wait! Did I just call myself a baker? I guess so. Hmm, what seemed impossible to me a few months ago, is now happening. So deliciously happening.
Your loaves are beautiful!
ReplyDelete~Have a lovely day!
That looks soooo good! Yum!
ReplyDelete