I've talked before about Fred Rogers and our adoration for him as a family. Though that adoration tends to lean more heavily toward the parents of this group, ahem. I often turn to his words for a bit of calm, and perspective, and understanding. He has helped make me a better parent and a better person.
This weekend his words from a lullaby have been going through my mind...
Peace, peace, peace, we all want peace.
Yes, please. Peace. For all.
Like many bloggers whom I read, there is a sense of quieting, and stillness, and holding close those dear. Using words of comfort with our own children, hoping we too can somehow feel comfort. At a sad, fearful time like this it helps to find words, not necessarily our own, but from another to help us make sense of our feelings. Mister Rogers says well when trying to understand tragic events, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." I encourage you to read and listen to more of his words.
Peace to you, dear friends.
Mr Rogers is someone I turn to more and more as time goes by. His words always bring me calm.
ReplyDeleteWishing you peace and light this week.
I grew up with Mr. Rogers (dating myself) and loved his way of creating a peaceful show. He was a man before his time :)
ReplyDelete