Wednesday, December 5, 2012

time well spent

As a Mama I've come to know when individual time with a particular child is needed.  Necessary even, for us to smooth through some challenge, or struggle, or grumpiness.  (Often on my part, ahem.) 

Our being together, one on one, allows us the opportunity to focus solely on each other and talk and listen closely.  I've found these times to be so nourishing for the parent-child relationship I am hoping to have with each of my children.  A relationship of presence and comfort and trust.

So it was last week with Munchkin.  He and I needed some time.  To simply wander together and find adventure in the form of ice cream and guitars and walking hand in hand and a long game of Eye Spy.






He discovered the wonderfulness of the whammy bar, the little lever on the electric guitar that gives it a whaaa whaaa whaaa sound. 

I discovered that when given the space and time Munchkin grows in his confidence, and silliness too.

We both discovered a renewed feeling of peace.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful date:-)

    We give the each of the boys "gift certificates" for one on one dates with us each year as part of their Christmas gifts, always a special treat for everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!