Monday, April 15, 2013

lately

A larger than life version of Fruit Ninja.  Oh the wonders of the mall.  Not shown in the picture are the hordes of pre-teens hanging out.

Yes he is typing.  No, I can barely keep up with him.
Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry's.  Those are balloons, not ice cream.  We ate the ice cream, waiting for the balloons.  It took me days to realize that Munchkin thought you only got the CONE on Free Cone Day.  He was quite concerned about what we would do for ice cream.
A peek of spring color, coming oh. so. slowly. to our world.

She makes friends wherever she goes.  Always.  Even with dolls at the kids furniture store.

Today I received a message from a dear friend reminding me "Don't leap in front of grace."

It is a quote from Sr. Helen Prejean.  Sr. Helen rocks.  My friend sent the quote in response to an update I had e-mailed about our house hunt.  As happens our journey in finding a house is like that experienced by many others.  A time of great anticipation and anxiety.  Hope and disappointment.  A roller coaster that is more nauseating than thrilling. 

Thursday evening we found out our offer on a house was bested by an offer from someone else.  Hours of disappointment followed the news.  Until the next morning when we entered a house that we really love.  So the waiting has begun again.

How perfectly timed was this quote from my friend.  And in my year of grace, no less.  So, best as I can I am living in the moment, and letting grace take her lovely time.

4 comments:

  1. Good days, indeed. And I love the quote. It took a long time for me to learn that even in a small way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    Transitions especially those involving housing are so very stressful. I hope you find a lovely house with the least amount of stress possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the ride continues. I don't envy you...it can be difficult, but you will eventually find the one right for you and you will find it with grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you...it's hard, the waiting and hoping. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!