Saturday, April 27, 2013

puzzling







I've been listening to the birds.  It's as if they arrived back in town this week, chirping earnestly and early.  At 4:00 AM in fact, when I find myself reluctantly awake.  Thinking.  Praying.  Dreaming.

They keep me company, their cheep cheep and coos whispering to me of the goodness waiting outside, around the corner, soon. 

There was quite a bit of rain mid-week.  I could practically see the grass greening before me.  We've already become used to the out-of-doors, shifting our days to playgrounds and sunscreen and sidewalk chalk, only to be sent back inside by the heavy spring rains.

So I performed a trick that many a Mama has up her sleeve.  I dug out toys that had been stored away, thus making them new.

And the day was spent puzzling.  For all ages.  Puzzles put together and taken apart a dozen times.  Puzzle races.  Completed puzzles lined up in a parade of progress.  Learning to make the border and then filling in the middle.  Puzzle pieces expertly spread underfoot by Pal.

A good, grey, slow, drizzly, puzzly day.

We've since turned back to sun, thankfully.  The grass more confidently green.  Kids more confidently puzzlers.  The puzzles put back in their storage bin.  Mama satisfied.

2 comments:

  1. Puzzles for everyone. Smart Mama. Happy children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered the littlest one likes puzzles! Somehow I forgot to bring out a toddler puzzles, and we've been missing out. So fun to add something new to our play.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!