Wednesday, April 13, 2011

happenings

It is around this busy time of year that I regret not making my birthday-candle-blowing-out wish one that gives me an extra hour each day.

I would use that extra hour to blog.

Seriously, I would choose to blog over sleeping.  I already do most evenings.

But even I, queen of the night owls, have found that my posts are being eclipsed by the happenings of the warming weather and longer sun.  (And, I must be honest, watching some episodes of Arrested Development on Netflix.)

Though I quite enjoy those happenings.  So let me share.

Sinking: into this spring of mud and dirt 

Organizing: the garage, a sure commitment to spring's arrival 


Appreciating: the diligence of a boy who didn't want to get wet, but who took seriously the job of shelf-washing 

Greeting: passers-by 

Napping: but not every day, though I always remember to let sleeping dogs lie 

Marveling: at the practical wisdom of nature, open on warm sunny days, closed on cold cloudy ones 


Marveling More: at the intricate beauty unfolding just outside my doorstep 

Chasing: each other and the dog and the sun as it sets 

Celebrating: the chance to begin wearing my favorite short-sleeved t-shirt again and
Enjoying:  this great post by another breastfeeding Mama 

Daydreaming: what this scrubby patch of back yard might look like in several weeks after much much work 

Loving: every bit of dirt under the fingernails, a sure sign of a good summer to come.

Hoping:  all that is happening with you is wonderful!

Please, do tell!

8 comments:

  1. There is always money in the banana stand! Mine and Cameron's favorite thing to watch...with The Big Bang Theory in a close second.
    LOVE this post. Just makes me smile. Happening around here...
    :Spring garden growing taller and greener with each day.
    :Sawyer's 1st year in baseball
    :getting healthy again and losing weight
    :smiling

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joy it is to be outside again. Happening here:
    - outdoor play with neighbors we haven't seen all winter
    - cleaning the garage and cars
    - my oldest won an award today at school "Super Star!"
    - he also had his heart broken by a little girl he really likes :(
    - my students need more warm weather to go outside, play, and blow off steam!
    - missing and thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whooo!
    LOVE it, mama!
    I have a "Lactivist" bumpersticker:):)
    (also, "breastfeeding is love")
    ...beautiful photos, sweet girl:)
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...and our happenings...
    *preparing for an easter egg hunt
    *finished some knitting projects (long over due)
    *attending a meeting for a waldorf charter school and getting to meet Eugene Schwartz. GAHHH!
    *sorting and simplifying
    *trying not to eat chocolate at every meal. seriously.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post full of promise and spring hopes!! Love the dirty tush and fingernails and love your L.L. circle pendant!!! I should be getting to bed but enjoy the quietness with some great pics and reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos! (And look how organized your garage is looking now!)
    Looks like you have some great outdoor space to work with.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you about wishing you had one more hour in the day - I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum - a morning gal through and through, but how much earlier can a possibly get up? I crave my morning writing periods.

    Happenings in the north country:

    - eating delicious food made by Cam in his cooking classes
    - ecstatic that the last of the snow in our yard is almost gone
    - finishing the trim in Olivia's bedroom - then the painting will be done!
    - excited about the paint color I chose for the mudroom entry way
    - pushing myself to finish the 50 pages of manuscript that I've been working on

    Your daughter's face in the first photo is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! So many good things here but I think your t-shirt (and it's important message) and the sleeping doggie are my favorites! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!