Tuesday, December 6, 2011

does this count?

I get my hair cut about once a year.  Whether it needs it or not.  Except for a quite unfortunate "mom cut" after my oldest was born, I've basically had the same, one-length, hair since college.

That particular length has varied over these past, ahem, twenty years.  Sometimes a short bob, sometimes halfway down my back.  But always all one length.  Generally predictable, my hair.

My annual cut is basically a trim to even things up.  I am not too fussy.  I also don't fuss much with my hair each day, usually putting in a couple messy pigtails or, more recently, two braids.


But last week, I was definitely due for a good hair cut.  My hair had grown quite long and almost unmanageable.  So I assured my stylist that she definitely should take some length off.

And sure, I am not opposed to some layers to lighten up the weight.

My only stipulation was I still wanted to be able to do two little pig tails in the back.  After all, pig-tailed is one of the first descriptors of me on my blog.

I agreed when she suggested right around my shoulders.  Yeah, that sounds good.

Well...it seems to be a bit alot shorter than that.  With quite a few more layers than imagined.  I am honestly not sure how I am going to style this every day.  Maybe a call to the Muppets' stylist would help.


But, I still can get in two pigtails.  Phew.

8 comments:

  1. It looks great, but I understand your hesitation. My instruction is always that I must be able to tie my hair up and I feel a little sick whenever it goes a bit short .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super CUTE! I love it!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Claudine!!! And your pigtails so cute. As far as styling, mousse and a hair dryer, that's the extent of my attention to my hair, it works for now :).
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous. I am a total short hair lady. If you ever have any styling questions we can chat. Mine is really really short, but I style it. Anyway, congrats on the new do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the little pigtails! It take a little while to get used to something new. I always tell my hair stylist to leave it long enough for one ponytail, because then I don't have to wash my hair every day - I can just whip it up with an elastic. My issue these days are the grays...oh how I wish I had the courage to go gray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look beautiful! Great pigtails, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! With and without the pigtails. :) So...I first you because of one little word for 2011. Have you picked your word for 2012? I've been tossing around some ideas, and think I've narrowed it down to two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! It's really cute on you and not so drastically different that it makes you say "wow." I LOVE the short pig-tails.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!