Tuesday, December 20, 2011

from france with love

We love getting packages at our house.  There is much excitement to see what treasures those boxes might contain.  And this time of year the packages seem extra special because the contents are often for the kids.

I know some people probably save the packages and open them on Christmas morning, but not us.  The anticipation is too too great, and it is really so much more fun to spread the joy and gratitude over many days and fully enjoy the gifts when they arrive.  So as soon as a package arrives at our house we open it and enjoy all of the surprises inside.

That is exactly what we did last week when we received a package.  From France.

We have friends living there for a year, and they gifted us with amazing scarves from their travels.  A scarf for each member of the family, and an extra gift for me, a sumptuous leather journal with a pen engraved "Claudine," as could only be found in France. 

These same scarves are now featured in the blog header, and you will see more of them later this week on our Christmas card.  Truly, aren't they fantastic?

We got a chance to thank them "in person," thanks to Skype.


And the best part is that every time I select a scarf to put on, or the kids do, I am reminded of our friendship over the years, and over the miles.

So thanks for the love from France.  Love ya right back!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts! Love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new header!!! I can't help but think how cold you all must be..loving it, but cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly honored to be included on the blog. We had a lot of fun picking out the scarves for you guys, knowing how much they would be loved. We miss you guys very much and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an amazing adventure for them! and thank goodness for skype right? Love the scarves they sent, and love your new header!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarves and the banner!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scarves are beautiful! Really lovely! Happy Christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!