Tuesday, December 13, 2011

happiness is









That song from the musical "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" is running through my head these days.  Maybe it is the almost always present din of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" playing at our house, due to one little girl quite smitten with him, that keeps the tune there.  But I think it is the happy that has found its way to me these past couple weeks.

~ getting used to, and happy with, this new haircut
~ two kid-sized carts at Trader Joe's
~ taking Darth Vader on errands
~ a visit from St. Nicholas
~ kids putting on a show, of course entitled "Your Talented Kids"
~ a clean, re-organized art shelf
~ a very clean house, entirely done by a dear friend recognizing what a gift it would be to me
~ discovering lots of twinkle at Target
~ some serious candy for some serious gingerbread house making

And that song, it keeps me looking for that happiness around me.  Encouraging me to also spread happy of my own.

5 comments:

  1. Your Trader Joe's has kids' shopping carts? How cool is that! That gingerbread house is totally awesome (as my four year old would say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do spread happy...i loved reading this. and i know i said it before, but i think the haircut is fantastic! happy holidays dear blogging friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Claudine!
    I love the gingerbread houses!
    Saw some a friend of mine made, they look so FUN!
    Hoping I can add that one more thing to my list..
    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the music from "you're a good man.." we did this show for my high school senior piece...I made a very stubborn and convincing Lucy;)
    Yes, I also love that song...and all of your photos. Your haircut looks lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to read happy in your post. I'm glad you've found a space for happy in this season. Wishing you even more happy each day...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!