Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I did it!



Just when I thought I would have to let it go off of my "like to do list," I made that Peppermint Bark.

And when I say "I made it" I mean I made it.

Not the usual "I made it" meaning that my honey made it.

But I did have the help of the most excited boy, who asked all day long if it was time to make the peppermint bark yet.




So after dinner and once Little Brother and Baby Sister were asleep, we found our way to the kitchen and the yummy ingredients that have been beckoning all day.

With very careful recipe reading, careful chocolate double-boilering, careful spreading, careful mint mashing, careful chilling and careful cutting we have made some de-lic-ious peppermint bark.

Oh, and don't forget the chocolate sneaking, spatula licking, and mint munching that are very important to a project like this!

And I needed a project just like this.  It was a bit of a rough day.  Lest my last post made it seem that I had it all together, sometimes it simply takes a couple quirky things to throw the rhythm of the family out of whack -- which we were today.

So I've enjoyed this slowing down to create something yummy.

And create it with one of the greatest kids ever.

And now for some grown up chocolate sneaking...

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Good for you that you were able to salvage a "not-so-together" day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!