Thursday, December 9, 2010

wintery

Oh, we've been enjoying an early start to a winter wonderland around here.

I love it, and all that goes with it.

The quieting of the neighborhood.

The plants and trees pulling on the heavy covers of snowfall, showing their subtle deep colors.

Our outdoor sacred objects decorated for this cold season of hibernation.

The pinkened cheeks and noses.

The piles of coats and boots and mittens and scarves dampened from fort building.


The hot chocolate following the time in the snow.

All of it.  I love all of it.  And am enjoying watching my children love it too.

The early cold this year, though, has also brought to mind the many who don't have a warm home to enter into, those whose blankets don't sufficiently warm them up at night.

As I find myself shivering a bit when dodging in and out of the cold, I let each shiver be the important reminder of the many without.  And that shiver is my call to pray at that very moment for God's mercy on those most in need.

Perhaps you can let any chill you have be a reminder to pray as well.

1 comment:

  1. Just hopping by. Your photographs are beautiful! The Molly Ringwald book sounds really good. "Pretty in Pink" and "Sixteen Candles" are part of my era. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave kind and thoughtful comments. I hope to expand our worlds by creating positive feeling and inspiration. Thanks!